When I see an animal running loose what should I do?
Call the Mount Pleasant Animal Control office at 903-575-4174, Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (excluding City holidays). If no one answers the phone during business hours then please leave a message.

If you need assistance for a dog bite, dangerous animal, or injured animal and the Animal Shelter did not answer the phone, call the Mount Pleasant Police Department at 903-575-4004. A police department operator will evaluate the call and determine if a police response is needed.

Found harbored animals can be reported to the Shelter during business hours for collection.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the Mount Pleasant animal shelter located?
2. Does Mount Pleasant have a "leash law"?
3. How many dogs, cats or ferrets can I keep?
4. When I see an animal running loose what should I do?
5. Can county residents use the animal control and protection facility?
6. How long are animals kept?
7. Are dogs or cats required to be registered or licensed by the city?
8. What is the cost to reclaim my pet?
9. What does it cost to adopt an animal?
10. Where do I report a barking dog?